Tuesday, June 5, 2012

I'm gonna make this place your home


“Don’t pay no mind to the demons they fill you with fear.”

Home.

Something I’m not sure I have right now. I am in “limbo” mode it feels like. I have a place I live. Is it really home anymore though?

If it isn’t home why do I have so much fear to leave it?

One of my goals in going to MI this week was to having serious reflection and prayer time to help me figure out where my home is and where I wanna be.

Not just a physical home but a mental/feeling one. Who makes me feel like I am home and why.

“To me. Fearless is not the absence of fear. It’s not being completely unafraid. To me. Fearless is having doubts. Lots of them. To me. Fearless is living in spite of those things that scare you to death.” – Taylor Swift

 In spite of our fears.

Something I need to work on. Not letting my fears stop me from greater things.

My fear is keeping me from having a home right now.

I’m headed out back to MD right now. I am all checked in at the airport waiting. I didn’t have near as much time to blog and write thoughts as I wanted so… I am sure there will be posts coming soon on that.

Sorry for the mismatched post.  I am kind of extremely nervous right now. Getting on my very first flight alone! I have flown a few times with my family but never alone. So far so good though J  I guess you gotta do it sometime right?

Till next time MI. Hopefully next time it will be for GOOD not a visit. 

2 comments:

  1. 10 years ago, I was in the same place mentally. Searching for a "home", something more than just a physical space to occupy. It took me 10 years to figure it out, gather up and the courage to leave what I had called "home" to move away. And what I learned is home is not a place. Home is wherever you settle your own two feet. As long as you're happy and made the best decisions for yourself, not others. Pursue your dreams, and not the dreams others have for you, and home will go with you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your posts, Abby! This is my advice: Try not to look for a "dot" in the center of God's will. God has ALREADY MADE KNOWN His will for us in the Word of God! In Ephesians God tells us about the wonderful plan for the Body of Christ and in I Timothy 2:4 He tells us His will is that "all men be saved and to come unto a knowledge of the truth." As you apply His known will to the details of your life, you will be doing God's will, wherever you are!

    ReplyDelete