Tuesday, May 29, 2012

Just know you’re not alone


This is the first of a few posts I am gonna write as I am riding in the car on the way to MI. Since I have the time, mind as well write some thoughts down! So some of the times might be off a little in a few coming posts :) 

My biggest struggle with moving is leaving my friends. This was highly confirmed with my birthday party last night.

There are few people lucky enough to have a group of friends like mine. We have grown close over the last few years. Sharing our struggles, watching each other grow, graduating high school, starting college, and becoming adults.

Through it all though we have not lost our sense of childhood. Just last night we had an insane battle. People being thrown in the pool, locking and changing phones, the boys taking over the house and not letting us in, the girls then breaking in and over taking them, drinks being poured on heads. Oh and who can forget the endless discussions and debates about random subjects that really in the end have no point.

I will miss them more than anything.

To know I won’t be able to just call them up and hang out makes me really upset. I won’t get to do crazy things with them (errr be the voice of reason).  I won’t get to laugh at all the awkward comments and jokes. I won’t get to hug them (this might be the worst).

Making random snowmen in huge snowstorms. Seeing your friends lick said snowman... and getting a picture. 


  Fake band pictures after a long night at work...

  

   Car pranks....



Giant Gummie Bears named Walter Hugo

  Sunsets...



They are my people.

She’s my person. If I murdered someone, she’s the person I’d call to help me drag the corpse across the living room floor. She’s my person” – Meredith Grey

One of my favorite quotes from Grey’s, for sure. It feels terribly true about my friends too. They would be the first I would call if I were in trouble.

I know life is all about growing up and making new friends. I hope I can keep my old ones forever though. They are those type of friends.

“Tell me you’ll never forget me, because if I thought you would; I would never leave” – winnie the pooh

Old picture but this was a really good day and one of the only pics of most of us :) 


No comments:

Post a Comment