Monday, May 21, 2012

Don't Forget Me



"I've learned that people will forget what you said, people will forget what you did, but people will never forget how you made them feel." - Maya Angelou


One of the things that has been on my mind a lot lately is what would everyone say about me if I died tomorrow? Who would I die mad at, who would I die with, who is the last person I would see?

This especially has hit me hard after hearing of the loss of an amazing agility woman. Judy Shinogle and her GSP's were traveling in baltimore at 6:30am sunday morning when a vehicle crossed the median and killed Judy and one of her dogs Bruni instantly.

Judy was one of those people who always made you feel comfortable and at home. She never lost her smile or encouragement no matter how her day was going. I had the honor to crate next to her and get to know her on a few occasions.  I can honestly say because of people like Judy I love the agility game. She was always there helping keep me calm and helping me out when we had similar conflicts at a few shows.

Its a shock when you expect to see someone again and thank them for that. Only to find out you never can do that.

Life can be over in a split second. So how are you living your life? Will people remember the last time they saw you with a smile or a frown?

I am trying to change my out look on things. Take more risks, smile more, find the good in things, change peoples lives, help others, and simply love more deeply.

I don't want to be thought of as a boring or same old person. I want to make a difference. I don't want to wait anymore either. Because I have seen just how quickly life can change.


Thank you Judy for all you did for me and for the everyone else. You will never ever be forgotten.

Judy and Bruni after a MACh in 2011. (photo credit to Kaitlyn Dreese)

               Live your life as if ends in a minute. No time is for sure.

     "You know all those things you wanted to do? You should go do them."

No comments:

Post a Comment