Sunday, May 20, 2012

Then Life Came Marching In

"When the world says give up. Hope Whispers.... Try it one more time."


I have tried this whole "blogging" thing so many times. I am determined to do this! I think my problem was I tried to make "dog blogs" and while I love my dogs and will bog about them a lot (so don't read this if you don't want to hear about them ;))... this is also just for me to write all my thoughts down in one place!

Life.

Have you ever felt like one day it just jumped on your back and won't let go till you decide what you are gonna do with it? Well, its on my back right now.

My little sister is graduating high school thursday. Not only that but I turn the big 20 on friday. When did I grow up?? When did I come to the point that my teen years are gonna be behind me?? When me and both my sisters will be officially out of our school years (minus college that is...)?

This life thing comes with lots of decisions.

One that I have been working on is what I am doing with my life. My conclusion has pretty much come to this.

"If you want to know where your heart is. Look to where your mind goes when it wanders"

What wise words.

And the truth is. I wasn't letting myself go to that place for a long time. I really couldn't tell you why. Probably self doubt, wanting to hang on to things, and worry.

But here I am. I know you are all wondering... Well, where the heck did it go??

Easy.
Family.

Yes, I see my parents and sister everyday. Let me explain.

I grew up in a "odd" situation. I got to see most of my cousins almost every day. We had family get togethers at least once a week. Not only them but I grew up at camp. It was like a family too. Big groups getting together and just having fun. I think this is why I love dog showing so much because it reminds me of this.

My heart has been longing for home. Home with my family, the crazy get togethers, the bickering, the problems, the laughter, the joy.

And so, with that. I am planning a big move. I am scared out of my mind. I mean to go live on my OWN scares me to death and at the same time is strangely invigorating.

I am also thinking about taking classes to do Animal Assisted Therapy. I have been thinking for a long time about what I want to do as a "career". I feel like this will combine everything I love and still leave me time to do things like train, trial, and do other things. I plan after taking the classes to work on some type of program with children. Not sure what exactly yet, I just know thats what I am called to be doing!

So, pending a job and a place to live. Me and the BC's will be packing up and heading to MI come august.

I am scared to leave my friends, scared to leave my agility family, and most of all... scared just to do it.

"Worrying doesn't empty tomorrow of its troubles. It just empties today of its strength"
                                                        - Corrie Ten Boom

And so with that.... This blog and the rest of my life will start. I am sure there will be many more posts to come. Thoughts have been forever swirling through my head lately.

No comments:

Post a Comment